In this Mumbo Jumbo Minecraft, I put my new Max Spec M1 Ultra Apple Mac Studio that cost $7000 to the test, with Minecraft. Can you play Minecraft on a Mac? I guess this is the ultimate answer to that question. This M1 Ultra Mac Studio with 20 cores and 64 GPU cores gets tested with Minecraft Single Player worlds, Minecraft TNT explosions and even gets trialed on the Hermitcraft server.
WHY DID I GET A MAC STUDIO?
I'm not just a Minecraft YouTuber. I'm a filmmaker who works on commercials, narrative and documentaries. I also love to travel, and be out in remote places to shoot photos, hike and explore.
I wanted a desktop powerhouse that could fit into a single flight case and be transported to any location in the world, allowing me to live and work wherever I want.
The system needed to:
1. Run Minecraft at a good enough level to record videos
2. Handle colour graded cinema camera files, and edit with them no dropped frames.
3. Have a large number of high speed I/O ports to deal with multiple large data transfers at once.
4. Be silent for recording audio in potentially small places (This is what ruled out most gaming laptops!)
5. Fit in a flight case, with the system, display, and flight case combination weighing under 20KG to be within the weight allowance for checked luggage on flights.
6. Be durable enough to be thrown on a plane, in the back of a van, in my backpack.
Filming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThatMumboJumbo2